The MiGCSA is dedicated to providing value to our members through programs and services that enhance and promote our profession.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tiger by the tail...

Well I have been a long supporter of all that is communication and social media, and this week I really made my belief stronger. I had seen many of these memes flying around about what you think you do, what they think you do etc. so I decided to make one for the Golf Course Superintendent. So on Thursday I found myself with a few extra minutes in the morning and went to work. In about 30 minutes I was able to put together the image you see on your right.

I had no idea what was about to happen when I posted in on Facebook at 12:18. It started slow, the GCSAA shared it with their feed and many MiGCSA followers commented on it and started to share it. But then it went off like a wildfire in an open field. I started to see it on other pages within hours, and they were getting comments and shares as well, I can not track those as they took it and posted it as their own.

As of today it has 300 likes, 51 comments, and 169 shares just on the MiGCSA page alone. I have no idea the total reach yet, Facebook does have metrics on these things but I won't see the results until tomorrow. I have offered to send hi resolution versions of this out via email if they contact me, and this morning I had a request fro SWEDEN! It went from Northern Michigan around the world in less than three days. It has been interesting to be on this end of something that went "viral" and I have to admit it is pretty cool.

The response has been overall extremely positive, so thank you for that. And of course if you want a hi res copy you can email me at adamikamas@migcsa.org, this is for personal use only and not for re-sale, the images are just grabs from the internet and I am sure at least the Carl Spackler image is copyrighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment