The MiGCSA is dedicated to providing value to our members through programs and services that enhance and promote our profession.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Conference Season

It is closing in on the time of year for conferences. And of course here in Michigan that means the GLTE in Grand Rapids. This will be the last year for the conference here as the MTF is moving it back to Lansing in 2013. I joined some MTF Board Members in mid December to tour the Kellogg Center where the conference will be held. It is really going to be a great event and much improved from the Holiday Inn conferences of the past.

This will be my first time attending any conference as the Executive Director of the MiGCSA. I am really looking forward to it. My main focus this year will not be on education to take back too the course, I will be more focused on being available for members and to get the 2012 Industry Partner Program out to all of our very supportive partners. 

Of course there is also the MiGCSA Annual Meeting where we will be nominating three new board Members. This is significant as these will be the first new Board Members since I started in my new role. A clean slate for them without all of the turbulence of the past and only a new positive direction. We will also be presenting a check to the MTF for $25,000! This is from all of the great support we had at our fundraisers this year. There is also $7,000 in scholarships and a donation to the MSU Turf Club.

As I close in on a full year in my new position I am very happy about my choice to take on this new challenge. The MiGCSA is in a positive financial standing and I believe a positive industry standing. I am excited to dig into 2012 and see what else we can do to improve this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment