The MiGCSA is dedicated to providing value to our members through programs and services that enhance and promote our profession.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

State Championship and a Southwest swing



I am back in Northern Michigan today after spending the last three days in Grand Rapids. I went down to Railside Golf Club on Monday for the 4th annual MiGCSA State Championship. We had 44 members come out and played a two best of four net team game and competed for the 2011 State Championship. Dr. Kevin Frank defended his 2010 title with a 66 to win the championship. We had hoped for more attendance but it is a hot and high stress bit of weather we are in right now. I did speak to Dan Lucas about having the 2012 championship at The Kingsley Club in Kingsley, MI. A great venue for a State Championship. On Tuesday I rode with Marc McCoy from Harrell's on sales calls. We started at 6:30 in Ionia and visited the Jackson area in the morning and early afternoon. Then a run to the warehouse in Brighton, then a drop off in Battle Creek. We finished up 14 hours later, his phone was ringing off the hook all day with people struggling with turf, mainly poa. On Wednesday I picked up MiGCSA Board Member Jeff Holmes, CGCS at Egypt Valley and went down too Harbor Shores Golf Club in Benton Harbor to meet with Brad Fry to discuss the 2011 Western Golf Day Fundraiser. Brad took us on a tour of the course and it is an amazing place. It will be a great fundraiser. It is nice to be home. I think I have found that this blog will not be as updated as I originally hoped, it looks like I will get an update on here every week or two as I find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment